Monday, November 14, 2011

Lessons In Love



I love you...

The words are cheap and easily said these days, aren't they?

I love you...

They can buy you happiness, trust, romance, company, wealth - anything your heart desires - if you use them well. Depending on your skill, and the extent of your desire, there is practically no limit on what you can achieve in this way.

I love you...

The words are probably the most twisted, abused and misapplied words in the universe today - or any other day.

I love you...

Some people say the words and mean them, others speak them while ignorant of their meaning or significance - and others simply lie.

I love you...

Looking behind the words and the various ways in which they are applied to numerous different situations and circumstances by people to suit their own needs and desires can provide one a rather chilling and dark ride into the lesser publicized rooms in the human psyche.

I love you...

Just saying these words can end a war - or start one. These three little words are so important, yet so worn out and hackneyed from casual overuse that their import is so often reduced to the point of trivia - and yet, they still very literally mean the difference between nothing and everything.

I love you...

Some people say it while they smile and stab the person they say it to - some say it to the one holding the knife.

I love you...

Too often I have said that to people holding a blade buried in either my back or my chest. Turning the other cheek usually only gets that slapped as well. Nothing more.

I love you...

Seeing the motives behind why some people make this statement - the dis-honest and selfish reasons behind it all - can very well make a person believe in monsters again after all.

I love you...

...Goodbye.

______________________________________________________________

If you would like to know more about Christina Engela and her writing, please feel free to browse her website.


If you’d like to send Christina Engela a question about her life as a writer or transactivist, please send an email to christinaengela@gmail.com or use the Contact form.

All material copyright © Christina Engela, 2019.
________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment